Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Crazy Day Comes to an End

Hello loyal fans,
First off let me once again just say that I, and everyone I know in Moscow is okay and was unaffected by the terrorist attacks on the metro today. When I was leaving the apartment for class this morning, Sergey told me there was an explosion on the metro and I better have all of my documents on me today...however, it wasn't until I got to class that I learned the explosions we bombings by Chechen terrorists. Both metro stations that we bombed were not stations that I regularly go through, but I was in Park Kultury (the second bombed station) yesterday...thank goodness not today.
Aside from the bombings, today was a pretty normal day. There were certainly more police officers (militsiya in Russian) at each metro stop today, so I still felt safe. After classes I went with a few friends to a bar to have a couple of brews, watch some Russian sports, and talk about the craziness going on in Moscow.
It's now 12:21 in the morning and I have to get up early again for class so now it's time to sign off...no pictures to post, but on Wednesday we have a tour of the Kremlin (which I'm super excited for) so expect so photos after that.
P.O.G.S.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Good night...sleep well. May tomorrow be quieter.
    Love, Aunt Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grocery Boy!

    Aunt Patti sent me a text this morning. . .i know i couldn't believe it either! haha. . .but the text was about the bombings and letting me know that you were ok. Soo glad to hear that you weren't affected!

    BTW this blog is pretty cool that you set up! I love looking at the pics and would love to check out the GUM (aka the big mall!)

    Stay safe & warm! I'll be stalking you soon :)

    Love,

    Staceness

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also second the POGS shout out...i bet half the people reading the blog dont know what it means! but so glad you are okay and you were not affected by the bombings. Your pictures are really awesome and i added you on skype (i think i got the right ben donahue, your mom helped me). so we will have to skpye this weekend when i am home and all of us can talk!
    Have a good week benny boo.

    POBB

    love, kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comrade Benny Poo,
    Better get down to the local Paint Ball Store
    and get ready to defend your group....organize
    now...go underground...stop the revolt..
    Colonel Yuriy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I hate to admit it but I forget...what is POGS?

    BTW I love Stacie's picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peace Out Girl Scout

    or

    Peace Out Benny Boo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I KNEW that...just couldn't remember the GS! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete