Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday Supermarket Travels

Happy Easter to everyone!
Today was mostly just another day in Moscow because my family isn't really religious so we did not do anything special for Easter. However, today I did go with Sergey to the supermarket (гипермаркет = gipermarket). It was quite an experience. Although it's called a supermarket, it was more like a giant Walmart. Emphasis on giant. Each aisle in the store was numbered and there we 80 aisles. Ginormous! We were there for almost 2 hours shopping for the month. I thought the place was packed with people, but when talking with Sergey about it, he said that it was basically empty compared to most days. We bought many things, to list a few: water, Siberian pop, beef, chicken, bread, candy, and even hot-sauce so that I can make Buffalo Chicken for Sergey...he's very interested to see what it is, since it's basically my favorite meal. Also we bought a roasted whole chicken to eat for dinner tonight. Sergey and I basically devoured it when we got home...it was awesome!
That's about everything exciting that I have to report from today. Just going to relax and watch some tv (not understand everything, but watch it nonetheless) with Larisa before going to bed.
Well I'm out... Пока!

5 comments:

  1. So cool that you are getting to do the daily things there in Moscow. I think I would like that just as much as all the site seeing. It's kind of neat to do that kind of stuff. I'm sure that Sergey will love your buffalo chicken; I know I'm starting to miss it! Night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben ....
    You know how to cook???? I have never had your buffalo chicken specialty - looking forward to it.
    It was a beautiful Easter Sunday - goes without saying that it was different without you, missed you. Our day started at 28 degrees and warmed up with great sunshine and up to 70 degrees.
    Pleasant dreams. Be smart and safe.
    May God Bless,
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Happy Easter, Ben...probably day after Easter when you read this. Missed you today...talked a lot about you, remembering other Easters:) I also would like to taste grocery boy's buffalo chicken...maybe in June. Take care. Love, Aunt Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my Russian Friend! Just kidding about the Russian thing. I will be checking up on you adventures from time to time. Keep up these good posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like some of that buffalo chicken, too! Maybe I could make my buffalo chicken dip to go with it!
    Wow, a ginoromous Wal-mart. Are they open 24 hours?
    Like reading your posts. It was cool that Amanda's grandma (89 years old) got to talk to you. She thought that was something. Take care and be safe! Sherry

    ReplyDelete