Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Daily Walk to Class

Добрый День,
So a few of you (mainly my mother and father) have asked me to take some pictures of my journey to class. Yesterday was a sunny day so I decided it would be perfect for some photography. All in all it takes me a little over an hour to get to class. I have to ride on the metro for 8 stops (from the station Ясенево [Yasenevo] to Ленинский Проспект [Leninskiy Prospekt] which takes about 20 minutes, so the rest of my time is just walking. But since the weather has been pretty good so far I don't mind the walk.
So here is my walk via pictures...enjoy!!

First, my walk down Новоясеневский Проспект (Novoyasenevskiy Prospekt). This is the main road that my metro station Ясенево is located on.

The entrance to Ясенево. Notice in the top left corner the "M" for Metro Station.

Inside of Ясенево Station. It's kinda plain compared to some of the more heavily used stations.

The exit//entrance to station Ленинский Проспект.

This is a "park" that I cut through every day.

View down Улица Вавилова (Ulitsa [Street] Vavilova)

"Soviet Era Billboards" Lenin (Ленин) on the left. October Revolution (Октябрьская Революция) in the middle. USSR Workers of All Countries Unite (СССР Страна Соединяйтесь Пролетарии Всех) on the right.

View down Улица Орджоникидзе (Ulitsa Ordzhonikidze).

View down a side street. My school is the yellowish building on the right.

My school!

Sign on my school. Moscow Center for Quality Education.

Metro Station Кузнецкий Мост (Kuznetskiy Most). Probably my third most used metro station behind Ясенево and Ленинский Проспект because....

....Kruzhka (Кружка) which is the watering hole we frequent is located right next to Кузнецкий Мост.

Finally, a picture of yours truly with my Russian friend Ruslan.



7 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Ben...especially the last one! If you are taking picture requests, Uncle Dan and I would like to see a picture of the family you are living with . What do you think?
    Take care.
    Love, Aunt Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ben ....
    These pictures are perfect - thank you.
    Mrs Wysocki was asking if their dress was similar to ours - jeans, casual. From the looks of your pictures I would say "yes."
    I was expecting the streets to have a ton of traffic, gridlock - maybe not on your school route, huh.
    Your "watering hole" looked like people going in and out - popular, busy place? Alot of young people or all ages?
    Keep your eyes open,
    Love,
    Mom

    P.S. $10 is sitting on your dresser :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben i too agree that i love the pictures..but i have one question...do you have a stache? i dont think i have seen you without a beard in a long time! anyways nothing exciting going on in ohio, atleast with me. Staceness and i decided to move in together next year so there will def be a spot for you there to have slumb parts with us!! hope everything is going well, looks like you are having a great time. miss you
    love, kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing 'a day in the life of Benjadude.' Another question - what has been the most surprising thing for you? The food, the people, etc?
    Big surprise . . . Adam wants a Russian hat. No worries if no can do. How would I get you money? Then there's the luggage factor.
    Much love,
    Aunt Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Adam...such a sense of style! Always setting the trend...never following it! Maybe Ben should ship a box of hats to OH because we will all want them?? Or maybe 2 boxes??:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I noticed the stache, too. Looks good! The only sign I could understand was the "M" and the pic of the mug & suds at your watering hole. Looks like the trees, etc. are still barren. When will they green up? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this post! It was great to see what a normal day is like for you there. I guess I should've held off on my last post about the no sunshine haha

    Ben, I want to know if they serve bud light at the watering hole you frequent?? If not, your favorite Russian beer.

    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete