Sunday, April 11, 2010

Question and Answer Time...Yay!

Hello again out there,
So a few of you have asked me some questions about my life here, and I've decided I should probably answer the ones that are still relevant. If I accidentally forget to answer a question that you asked just post it again under this and I'll answer ASAP.

Uncle Rick (Colonel Yuriy):
-I wish that we got to study at Moscow State University (МГУ = MGU), but instead we take classes at the Kitaigoradskaya School (Китайгородская Школа), which is just a four story yellow building in town. Not nearly as exciting as МГУ.
-At my apartment we have Wi-Fi. Sometimes it goes down for some unknown reason, but usually it is just as fast as in the states. Many of my classmates do not have internet at home so they have to go to internet cafes to check their Facebook or update their blogs.

Mom:
-Don't worry I was not the one who broke the bell...it was like that when I got there :-)
-The young gentleman in front of the Tsar Cannon is my classmate Steve. And the young lady in front of the Tsar Bell is my classmate Andrea.
-As to which was my favorite, the convent or the cemetery, I would probably choose the cemetery. It was very neat because A) it is only very famous Russians who are buried there, B) instead of just plain headstones almost every grave was marked with a bust or some sort of sculpture relating to the person and their life and C) it was very different compared to a cemetery in the US, there were many trees and shrubbery. Also when I got home I told Larisa and Sergey that I thought the cemetery was very big...they laughed and told me it is one of the smallest in Moscow. Ha

Sherry:
-The atmosphere before the ЦСКА match did remind me of OSU/mich week. Tons of people out enjoying the festivities.
-Here in Russia, I have seen a few types of vodka that we have back in the states (like Stolichnaya) but they also have many brands that are Russian. For example, the one that we always drink at the bar is called Stolichnaya Doctor...and the doctor always knows best right? :-)
-Last time I was in Moscow I picked up one of those fuzzy hats (Шапка =Shapka), so I don't think I need another one. But I would be happy to pick you up one if you'd like??

Once again, sorry if I ACCIDENTALLY missed one of your questions :-) Leave it again below this post and I'd be happy to answer.
Signing off,
Товарищ Бен (Comrade Ben)

9 comments:

  1. Ben - This posting was just as fun to read as your adventures. Your "followers" are all getting a taste of Moscow and learning about Russia. Have a great week coming up. Miss you tons, Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Ben, have you taught them to play "Speed Quarters" over there? And if so do you still use Beer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ben...just wanted you to know that I am enjoying your daily adventures and your other posts too. Your blog is one of my favorite sites when I log on in the morning. Thanks for sharing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ben-
    All my questions have been answered! I agree with Vickie...your blog is my favorite and a first stop for me when I sign online.

    You have been there for some real news. Now the Polish president's plane crash and the little 7 year old adopted in the US and returned to Moscow by himself. I wonder how the news coverage compares?

    Take care.
    Love, Aunt Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't mean to put any pressure on you with my version of 20 questions, but thanks for your answers. Everything you write is so interesting. Love the pic of you on the tank. I think I'll pass on the fuzzy hat.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Might have to get some Stolichnaya when we celebrate Amanda's 21st. That way it will be like you're there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ben - One question left unanswered, "Do you think Aunt Patti talks too much?" Haha. Yes, I crack myself up.
    Enjoy reading about you and your adventures - keep it up.

    Much Love,
    Aunt Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ben-
    Did you have a Wednesday sight seeing trip this week? Where did you go and what did you see? Tell us!

    BTW, I saw some nice Easter things at your mom's. Had to leave them alone though!
    Miss you. Take care.
    Love,
    Aunt Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ben .... Happy Sunday

    "Updates" .... putting that in quotes so in your head you can hear you and dad teaasing me about "Updates!"

    Can't think of anything your followers would be interested in? ... kind of impossible, since we are all enjoying your blog and finding enjoyment in reading your "updates."

    May God Bless,
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete